Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bull Ridin' aint fer kids






Well, heres the story. I had to become an ultimate aggie before i finished college. This entails riding this bull.... naked. Sunday night at 10:30 i thought it was a good time for a practice run. As i climbed up i saw a cop pass so i got nervous and wanted to do it quick. I used the tail to get up and slid myself quickly into the center of the back, emmediately discovering it was very slick. When i started to tumble over sideways it was too late and i had nothing to grab onto. Trusting in the strength off my arm to catch me i put it out, landed and jumped up on my feet. It didnt hurt but could tell that something wasnt quite lined up... I didnt dare look so kept it covered with the sleeve of my coat. I got in the back seat of my car, trying to stay calm and called Stephanie to come pick me up then i called dad to tell him i was headed to the hospital. The rest can be seen in the photos. I have surgery friday morning to get a plate put in. No more handstands for a while :(. I get a scribe to take my final though! Also, im going to miss graduation. Moral of the story - ROLL if your falling off something high! Dont put your arm out! What a silly boy...

7 comments:

Trent and Richelle said...

Oh Adam. I am seriously laughing so hard right now. I am sorry that you are hurt, but I do thank you for the 10 full minutes of entertainment you just provided me... and Trent... and all the other people I will be telling this story to :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Adam! That looks so disgusting. It's kind of funny though.

Natalie said...

EWWW! That is so gross! I am so sorry! I am having a bit of a hard time believing that you really rode the bull naked....And when did you put your clothes back on in all of this???? That would of been even better if you had to go to the hospital naked!

Anonymous said...

your post are few and far between but they sure touch one

Anonymous said...

Ok it's not funny. 10 screws and a metal plate?? Are you going to be alright?

Unknown said...

That looks crazy...so when you do the real thing, make sure someone is with you - you can't back down now, you've got a lot invested in this experience, finish it. - I had a scribe for finals my freshman year after stretching out all of the ligaments in my arm wrestling. - Good times!

The Corbridges said...

Oh my gosh! That looks horrible! :( I don't think it's funny at all! I hate seeing people that are hurt. The first thing I did when I saw your pic was look to see if it was your left hand... and sure enough. :) That sucks! No drawing for you for awhile huh? How was the surgery?